The Riverford Freelancers
Character and Game Timeline
The citizens of Riverford need your help!
The Riverford Freelancers Guild have a number of open jobs right now, and are looking for eager young mercenary adventurers to complete them!
Protection. Escort. Courier. Gathering. Retrieval. Jobs of all kinds!
Adventure and fortune awaits! Visit our guild hall today!
As discussed on the blog, the sessions are designed to be self-contained, one-shot adventures, where a group of PCs attempts to complete a handful of quests in the heartland of Kithera, the Three Rivers Valley.
Regular sessions are every Tuesday, from 5:00-8:00 PM PDT (GMT -8), but additional sessions may be scheduled for other days based on player interest. The games are open to the public, but individual sessions are invite only. If you're interested in playing in a session, head over to our forums and RSVP for a session in it's thread and I'll shoot you an invite to the game. If the regularly scheduled timeslot doesn't convenient for you and your friends, speak up and we'll do our best to schedule a session at a time that works for you!
- Newbies, both to SyncRPG and the Pathfinder RPG, are encouraged to join!
- Players must be proficient with Google Hangouts, and have a working microphone (no open-air webcam mics!)
- Sessions will be streamed live on Twitch, and archived on the SyncRPG YouTube channel.
- By signing up and playing in the session, users agree to be recorded.
LG Large Town
Corruption +0; Crime +0; Economy +2;
Law -2; Lore -2; Society +4
Qualities Pious, Prosperous, Strategic Location
Population 4,850 (2,183 humans, 873 half-elves, 437 elves, 291 dwarves, 398 halflings, 378 gnomes, 194 half-orcs, and 97 others)
- Rowland Bofort (NG gnome gnome witch 4 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 65))
- Mercenary Captain Ginbeck (LN Human fighter 5)
- Amise Bofort-Marion (NG Dwarf alchemist 4 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 26))
- Gusbert Mogford (LG Old Human cleric of Bahan 6)
- Captain Vance Giles (LN Middle-Aged Human fighter 7)
- Mayor Nicholas Waring (NG Old Male human aristocrat 3)
Base Value 2,800 gp;
Purchase Limit 15,000 gp;
Minor Items 3d4;
Medium Items 2d4;
Major Items 1d4
Council A group of councilors, often composed of guild masters or members of the aristocracy, leads the settlement. (Society +4; Law and Lore -2)
Pious The settlement is known for its inhabitants' good manners, friendly spirit, and deep devotion to a deity (this deity must be of the same alignment as the community). (Increase spellcasting by 1 level; any faith more than one alignment step different than the community's official religion is at best unwelcome and at worst outlawed-obvious worshipers of an outlawed deity must pay 150% of the normal price for goods and services and may face mockery, insult, or even violence)
Prosperous The settlement is a popular hub for trade. Merchants are wealthy and the citizens live well. (Economy +1; increase base value by 30%; increase purchase limit by 50%)
Strategic Location The settlement sits at an important crossroads or alongside a deepwater port, or it serves as a barrier to a pass or bridge. (Economy +1; increase base value by 10%)
Character Creation Guidelines
- 15 point buy.
- 4th level.
- 6,000gp in gear, no single item of which may be more than half.
- Characters may choose two traits, using the standard rules.
- All Paizo-published material allowed.
- 3PP material needs to be cleared with Joe.
Creative types interested in participating in the development of quests should definitely check out the blog post, as well as the other quests that take place in Riverford.
GMs interested in running their own sessions of the Riverford Freelancers, the campaign files are ready! Running sessions yourself is as easy as opening a campaign file, starting a server, and using quests, macros, maps, and NPCs from SyncRPG to generate encounters on the fly.
Other Info / Notes
- XP and unclaimed loot will be calculated after the session. I’ll update everyone in the Google Community later.
- At the end of a session, surviving party members are assumed to make it back to Riverford safely.
- Muting Policy: If someone’s mic is picking up background noise or otherwise causing a disturbance, I may mute that person in the Hangout. Please do not take this as me being rude, I’m just trying to be considerate for the other players and anyone watching the stream or recording.